Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Quick Tip to Smooth "Fluffy" Hair and Relieve Itchy Scalp

If you suffer from an itchy scalp and have hair that wants to frizz rather than relax, here is a tip that my wonderful hair stylist shared with me and it really works.  As a bonus, it also helps relieve dry itchy skin on your arms and legs as well.


It's so simple and doesn't require any money, and may even actually save you a few cents over time.

After you shampoo and condition your hair, turn the water as cold as you can stand it and hold your head under the shower head for a minute or two.  If you can stand there much longer than that, it's probably not quite cold enough.  Let the cold water run down over your hair and your body. Each time I take a shower, I try and stand there for a few seconds longer. I think you will be surprised at the results.

I have a long, full head of course hair and a water softener.  However, I am always scratching at my head and my skin.  My hair is always frizzy for the first day or so.  Since my hair is so thick, I only need to wash it every 3 days.

Since I've been turning on the cold water at the end of my showers, my hair is smoother and my skin isn't as itchy.  Why this works?  The cold water closes the pores of your hair shaft and your skin resulting in smoothness.  And because cold and itching sensations travel along the same nerve fibers, cool water can achieve relief from itching.

No products to buy and running the cold water for the last minute or two uses less hot water, which in turn, means a penny or two back in your pocket!

Keep it cool!



No comments:

Post a Comment