Sunday, August 4, 2013

Flowered Fingernails Because I Can

 I love pedicures but do not usually get manicures because right after I leave the salon they smear , chip or get gauged.  In three (3) days I'm already picking at them and ultimately begin the removal process. This can leave my nails looking nasty. On the flip side, when I don't have some color on my nails I see things underneath them and start chiseling away until every nail has been thoroughly battered and scared.  When that happens I the seek out my cuticles and, well, I'll spare you the gory details.  Happily, I have discovered polish rub-ons, particularly the ones by Sally Hansen Nails.  They come in so many different colors and designs my feet grew roots in front of the display in Walgreens while trying to decide which one(s).  Then I said to myself (yes, out loud) "Self, you don't have to go to work any more, so go crazy!"  and I did, I went for the flower power design.  SHN claims once applied it is good for up to 10 days, and they weren't just a whistlin' Dixie.  This is my ninth day and as you can see by the photo, some wear is apparent around the edges, but this manicure is running circles around my salon manicures.  SRP is about $9 in the pharmacy, less if you order online.  It's easy to apply, and I love the results.  I rate this 5 out of 5 stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment