Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Pumpkin & Butterscotch Spiced Latte Fudge w Glazed Pecans


Pumpkin Fudge?  Uh, I'm not sure about that, but I'll give it a try.  One of my followers might find it enticing.  Well, I'm eating my words (no pun intended).  I took a recipe and tweaked it to make it my own.  I threw in some butterscotch morsels and a handful of glazed pecans, and I gotta tell ya ... LOVE IT!  A little bit goes a long way here, so plan on sharing it with your friends, neighbors or co-workers.

Ingredients

1 1/3 c granulated sugar
2/3 c evaporated milk
3 T unsalted butter
1/2 c pumpkin puree
1 T espresso powder
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp salt
1 c white chocolate morsels, chopped
1 c butterscotch morsels, chopped
1 3/4 c marshmallow creme
1 tsp pure vanilla or vanilla bean paste
1/3 c glazed pecans, chopped small

Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment and spray with non-stick cooking spray. 
In a medium saucepan, stir together the sugar, evaporated milk, pumpkin, butter, espresso powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil, then boil for 12 minutes, stirring often.
Remove from the heat and stir in the white chocolate  & butterscotch chips and marshmallow creme until melted, then stir in the vanilla and pecans. Pour into the prepared pan and place in the refrigerator until set, about 30 minutes. Cut into squares and store at room temperature or in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.





This recipe adapted from The Brown Eyed Baker.














No comments:

Post a Comment