Saturday, November 16, 2013

Amaretto Cream Cheese Coffee Cake


I found this recipe on Pinterest.  The person that originally posted the recipe asked that anyone wanting to re-post it, link back to her site, so here it is: Original Recipe

However, I would like to note that I believe the the measurement of butter in the list of ingredients for the streusel is in error.  It calls for 1 CUP of melted butter, which is an awful lot for the total amount of ingredients.  I wonder if it should have said 1 STICK.  I found the streusel to be very wet and the butter even puddled on top of the cake as it was baking.  As a result I had to increase the baking time to make up for it.  Baking is my passion, as you can tell from this blog and my baking page of Facebook.  This isn't my first streusel, so I know what it should look and feel like. The streusel topping hardened and made it difficult to cut through.  It was very good nonetheless, but next time I would decrease the butter to 1/2 cup, as I prefer a softer crumb.




Bake like no one is watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment