Thursday, October 3, 2013

Blurred Lines (Witchy Woman) Pen & Pencil Sketch on Stretched Canvas

This is a product of a sleepless night. Saw this in a magazine and adapted it to suit me.  I went to bed at 11:30pm and stared at the ceiling until 1 am.  Got up and thought about baking, but was missing some ingredients.  I remembered seeing this in a BH&G Craft Magazine except it was featured as a pillow and didn't have gold in it, or stars, or an owl, or swirly thingies or the pumpkin or even the word "witch".  So see, it's mostly my creation!




I used a fine point Sharpie for the outline and filled in the hat and the crow.  I then used a charcoal pencil to scratch in the black of her hair, dress and shadowing.  The gold was added with a pigment pen.  I dappled some charcoal on the background to soften it, added my name and - done!  I was productive with my insomnia. There was a space on my walling calling for exactly this!




My eyes are very heavy right now (2:50a.m.), so off to bed once again.  If I still can't sleep, there's many more crafts in that magazine I can tackle!



Nighty-night!



No comments:

Post a Comment