Friday, October 18, 2013

Calendula Oatmeal & Orange Glycerin Soap


This wonderful glycerin soap has honey as an astringent & moisturizer, oatmeal to relieve itchiness & gently exfoliate, marigold petals (calendula) soothe, and orange oil for a wonderful, clean scent.  They are very easy to make and ready in about 4 hours.  Package multiple in parchment paper or single in organza bags for gift-giving.  Keep a couple for yourself.  I know you will really enjoy them.  Here's how I made them ...

Ingredients:

1# block of castile soap base (I purchased my online at Bulk Apothecary)
3 T honey
5 T calendula petals (I purchased my online at Bulk Apothecary)
4 T old fashioned oats
10 drops orange essential oil (I purchased by online at Aura Cacia. You can also purchase from Bulk Apothecary)
Tartlet molds or tarlet pan with multiple molds
2-cup glass measuring cup w/spout or microwave safe bowl.  I prefer the measuring cup as it is easier to pour.
Cookie sheet
Spray bottle with rubbing alcohol

I used individual tarlet molds that I purchased on Amazon.com.  I find these easier to work with when it's time to release the soap.  However you can use a tarlet pan if you have one handy.  Oil the molds lightly with almond oil. On a cookie sheet, place a piece of waxed paper.  Place the molds on the cookie sheet and set aside.



Melt the soap base in a 2-cup glass measuring cup or microwave bowl or for approximately 2 minutes.  Check after 1 minute, stir, and return to microwave if needed.  Heat for 30 second intervals until mostly melted.  Remove and stir until completely melted.  Put the honey in a small bowl and microwave for approximately 20 seconds or until thin & runny.  Add to soap base.  Stir in calendula, oats and essential oil.

Pour soap mixture to the top of each greased mold.  You will most likely have some bubbles at the top of the poured mixture.  Take your bottle with rubbing alcohol and spray each mold with 1 quick pulse.  The bubbles magically disappear!




Let the soap mixture sit at room temperature for approximately 4 hours.  Carefully pull on the sides of each mold and pop the soap out.  If you are using a tartlet pan with multiple molds, run around the edge of each mold with a small sharp knife to coax the soap out.






Package the soaps to give as gifts or store in a cool, dry place for future use.







That's all the suds for now!




1 comment:

  1. Hey! I have read your Blog this So Nice and Awesome service you have provided, I learn many new things from here and want implement my website. If you are also Know for something New related to this then visit my website.

    ReplyDelete