Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Felt Rosettes Heart & Wreath

Supplies:

8" x 8" frame covered with burlap (I purchased mine at JoAnn's)
12" x 12" squares of felt in various colors
Scissor
Hot Glue Gun
Glue Sticks

Cut strips across the felt squares in varying widths.  Roll up, glue end and attach to frame with hot glue.  I made mine different heights and rolled some tight and others loose (see photo).  I rolled approximately 36 strips in total (3 each of 12 colors).  I used about 20 to make the heart shape and added a 2nd row on top of the first.  I made one strip very loose and attached that as the middle point of the heart where the 2 sides come together.  I then crafted a 5-petal flower using 3 colors; each one slightly smaller than the first.  For the middle I cut a very thin strip, snipped it along the entire edge with scissors, rolled it up tightly and glued in the center.  Unfortunately, the lighting doesn't reflect the true colors.  They are somewhat darker than what appears in the photos here.

Variation:  I have also made grapevine wreaths covered with felt rosettes.

8" grapevine wreath with felt rosettes & flower



Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment