Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Painted Pumpkins Using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint


I purchased a small decorated pumpkin last year, and when I was putting up my Fall decorations I came a cross it.  I loved the look of it; the colors were great and I found myself admiring it and wishing I had bought more.  Lucky for me I'm a crafter, and what I can't buy I make!  I had one white vinyl pumpkin already waiting for something wonderful in my craft studio.  I also purchased 3 small sugar pumpkins from the local produce stand.


I decided to rely on my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint yet again and painted one Paris Grey, another Paris Grey with a dab of Aubusson Blue, another with Paris Grey and a dab of Duck Egg Blue and the last just Duck Egg Blue.  I shaded areas with mixtures of these colors; added some highlights and stippled darker variations here and there.  Then I began stippling on some acrylic colors such as gold, green, burgundy and even a little lavender!  



I then loosened up some Burnt Sienna with a little water.  With a toothbrush between my thumb and forefinger I speckled the pumpkins in different areas. I also loosened the gold paint and rather than add speckles I tapped the toothbrush over the pumpkins for larger splatters.  



After arranging them on a display stand, I added some glittered leaves to bring it all together.  Love!!




The display stand shown here is featured in a previous post.
The painter of pumpkins (and other things),










No comments:

Post a Comment