Friday, October 11, 2013

Pine Wall Shelves Upcycled with AS Chalk Paint



I purchased 2 simple unfinished pine shelves from the thrift shop for $5 each.  I painted each one with AS Chalk Paint in Aubusson Blue.  Afterwards I applied a dry brush of Paris Grey to tone down the blue and finished them off with a coat of clear wax.  When the wax was dry I buffed it to a nice sheen with a cloth.


The back is unfinished in this photo to show the "before" appearance.

After


The shelves each had 2 2-1/2"  wood screws through the front to attach to the wall.  Once hung, I covered the screw heads with ephemera I had in my craft room to make them more attractive.
















Very easy project for very little money and they look great hanging on my den wall displaying my photography.




No comments:

Post a Comment