Thursday, August 8, 2013

Blueberry Banana Power Smoothie - WW Total Points Value = 5










 This tasty and healthy smoothie was adapted from one that Daphne Oz made on an episode of The Chew.  You can visit their website to see the original recipe.  I altered it to suit my taste.  She used a blender, I made it just fine in my Nutri-Bullet.

Ingredients


1/2 C fresh or frozen blueberries
1 small banana, cut into chucks
1/2 C non-fat plain Greek yogurt
1 C ice
1/2 C chilled green tea, water or non-fat milk
1 tsp. honey or maple syrup
1 T flax seed or flax seed oil (I used seed)
1 T chia seed
1 bunch fresh, washed parsley (optional)

Blend all ingredients either in a blender or a Nutri-Bullet.  Poor into a glass and enjoy!
Note: I did not use the parsley in this post as I wanted you to see the nice and enticing blue color. Parsley will turn it a not-so-appealing color towards green.

Total WW Points Value = 5



No comments:

Post a Comment