Sunday, September 22, 2013

Autumn Campfire Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Maple Butter Cream


I've been contemplating a recipe using a secret ingredient for the last 2-3 years now, and today I made it a reality.  I call this my Autumn Campfire Cupcake.  Let me first say that I will not be sharing the recipe for this outrageous creation now.  I have other plans for it first.  But what I will share with you is how awesome the combo of sweet and salty work in this cupcake.

I'm going to torture you with teases.  Firstly, the cupcake is comprised of very warm flavors with an ingredient that you might find very surprising; 2 ingredients actually.  I removed a hole from the center of each and stuffed it with a wonderful rich and nutty filling, topped it with a vanilla bean maple butter cream, a drizzle of maple sugar and a pinch of crispy thick bacon crumbles.

When you bite into this cupcake, you can the almost smell the campfire burning and imagine the flames reaching higher and higher.  The flavor is very complex as there are many things going on here.  But they all work very well together.  Believe me, your taste buds will be forever thankful.



So, you heard it here first.  If you come across an Autumn Campfire Cupcakes recipe in your internet travels, unless it's linked to me, it's an impostor.

Now who's got a really scary story to share?

Put another log on the fire and pass me a cupcake!



No comments:

Post a Comment