Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Wreath Made From Vintage Book Pages

Supplies:

Grapevine Wreath, any size
Book with Pages Removed (I used a book from 1934 for an antique look)
Scissors, straight edge, pinked or scalloped
Wooden spoon with round handle or a dowel, approx. 1/2" in diameter
Ribbon
Wire
Glue Gun & Glue Sticks

For the wreath pictured above, I used a 12" wreath and cut approx. 40 squares.  

Instructions:

Cut all pages so they are square.  The number of squares you'll need will depend on the size of your wreath and whether or not you want to cover the entire wreath or only part of it as I have done.  You can use standard straight edge, pinking shears or fancy edge scissors.  I used a scalloped edge.

Once you have finished cutting the squares, place the tip of the wooden spoon handle in the middle of each square and with your other hand go underneath the square and gather it up around the handle - giving it a crumpled cone appearance.

Next make yourself a bow and attach it to the wreath wherever you prefer with either wire or hot glue.  Leave the ends loose.  I also made 10 2" loops and trimmed the ends to insert after all the book pages are attached.

Now attached the book pages.  I started around the bow and then filled in above and below it.  Once I added all the pages I wanted I added a dab of blue to each loose end of the bow and attached them in place for a flowing look.  I continued that look by then attaching the 10 loops above and below the bow.

Add a loop from ribbon or wire to the back of your wreath and it's ready to hang!




I hope you give it a try.  It's fairly quick and very easy.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment