Monday, December 16, 2013

Dulce de Leche Cupcakes


For my girlfriend's 60th birthday party, she asked if I could do a caramel cupcake.  Caramel is what she got!  This is a brown sugar cupcake, with a soft caramel center, dulce de leche and cream cheese frosting, drizzled with heated dulce de leche.  Can I do caramel?  You betcha!

Here is the link to recipe I used for these outrageous cupcakes: Dulce de Leche Cupcakes.  These are not filled, so following my directions below to add the soft caramel center.

To make the soft caramel center, place 3/4 c caramel chips and 1/4 c heavy cream in a medium sauce pan.  Heat on low, stirring until caramel is melted.  Remove a 1" center from each cupcake using a paring knife.  Set aside.  Spoon caramel into each cupcake and replace with the center you removed.  Frost according to recipe.










No comments:

Post a Comment